Do you want to find a satisfying career that offers perks and benefits? To work a position that is important to not only the company but the community as well? Then a city job is the right job for you. City of Boston jobs are available, and you may be the right candidate for one of them. Keep reading…
New City of Boston Jobs
About City of Boston Jobs
City jobs can include different fields:
- Education – as an educator, you have the opportunity to help shape the minds of the young generation in Boston. In this field, you will also find food service, administrative, janitorial, and athletics.
- Law Enforcement – as a law enforcement officer, you can make a difference in the community that you live in and love. Keep the neighborhoods safe by responding to calls. If you want to be a law enforcement officer but are currently not certified, the city can offer you the opportunity to train in this profession.
- Emergency Medical – as an emergency responder, you can be there when someone is hurt or injured. Help get them to safety and transport them to the hospital for emergency care when necessary. You will also participate in other community programs as assigned.
- Emergency Fire – answer the call when it comes in. From outdoor fires that got out of hand to rescuing people from homes that are on fire; your job is tough and very appreciated by the community.
- Labor Jobs – work behind the scenes to help the city run smoothly.
City of Boston Benefits
When you work for the city, you will have the opportunity to obtain the following benefits:
- Medical insurance for yourself and your family
- Work and life balance with paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more
- 401(k) savings and more
City of Boston Jobs
You can find a direct link to city jobs available by visiting this site and scrolling down for a list of vacant jobs: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?d=ExternalCareerSite&c=1084941
Some jobs on the list include:
Cook – Full Time
In this position, you will be responsible for helping to prepare over 1600 meals each day. The meals include breakfast, lunch, and dinner for several programs within the community. You will be responsible for handling food properly, measuring, storage, and delivery. You will label and date all inventory as soon as it arrives.
Public Health Advocate II Overdose prevention and Outreach – Full Time
In this position, you will provide case management and referral service for potential clients who request or have been assigned to the program. You will be the link to the patients care and treatment. You will need to work with OD as well as Reentry program manager to collect data as well as reporting and following up on clients.
Working for the city of Boston is a rewarding job. Go check out the list of available jobs. You don’t need to live in Boston to apply but if you are hired and accept a position, you will need to be a resident of Boston prior to your first day of employment.