Jobs in Austin TX
Austin is constantly evolving as an urban city. Many demographic shifts keep on happening as the city evolves. However, the main demographic theme you will see in this city is threefold. This involves:
- Sustained and rapid population and job growth
- Demographic diversity
- Spatial and structural socioeconomic separations
To understand this data further let’s explore Austin with a deeper lens. Keep reading…
New Austin Jobs
Austin Job Categories
About Austin Jobs
According to recent data, the population of Austin was 964,000. At that time, the median household income was $71,543. The median age of people at that time was 33.6 years.
Apart from that, here are the 5 main ethnicities in Austin at the time:
- White (Non-Hispanic): 48.8%
- White (Hispanic): 22%
- Other (Hispanic): 8.21%
- Black or African American (Non-Hispanic): 8.13%
- Asian (Non-Hispanic): 7.59%
These include 87% of people who are American citizens. Other than that, 32% of people in Austin speak a language other than English. Austin’s unemployment rate has also gone lower. It was 10.3% in May this year and now it is down to 6.4%. It has one of the lowest unemployment rates as compared to other states.
According to the 2018 Census, the income bracket of households in Austin was as follows:
- 26% of households were living on less than $50,000 per year
- 26% of households were living between $50,000 to $100,000 per year
- 27% of households were living on over $150,000
- 20% of households were living between $100,000 to $150,000 per year
Major Industries And Employers
People living in Austin, Texas enjoy a good standard of living. So, let’s understand which major industries contribute to employment so people can afford this standard of living.
The key industries and major employers in Austin include:
- Advanced manufacturing sector
- Corporate headquarters and supporting facilities
- Creative and digital media technology
- Clean technology
- Financial service and insurance sector
- Data management
- Space technology
- Life sciences organizations
You can easily find a job in any one of these sectors as they contribute most towards employing the population.
Facts About Austin
Austin is more than just a place where you can get a good job. It is a city full of interesting things.
Here are five facts about Austin, Texas that you probably didn’t know before:
- It is the only city in the world that operates moonlight towers to date
- The city gets almost 300 days of sunshine a year
- Breakfast tacos are a staple breakfast item in Austin
- In all of Texas, Austin is the only city that has a nude beach
- This city doesn’t have a professional sports team
Apart from that, if you want to enjoy good music, good food, and have a well-paying job then Austin is the place to be.
As times are changing, development is taking place even further in Austin. It is urbanizing more so day by day and soon it will be the largest hub for clean technologies amongst other states. So, if you want jobs in Austin, TX then understand this data and the major industries before applying so you can have a higher chance of being employed.