Jobs in Columbus OH
Times are tough and finding a job that you will enjoy will not be an easy task. Searching online and in the papers can be a daunting task. You know what you like and don’t like to do and you know what benefits you need, what days and times you can work, and how often and how much you want to get paid. Keep reading…
New Columbus OH Jobs
Columbus OH Job Categories
About Columbus OH Jobs
Before you begin your search for a job, you should take time out to create a list of skills as well as likes and dislikes. These lists will help you narrow down your search and help you find the job that matches your skills. This may also be a time for you to pursue your likes and interests at a job that is available.
Some choices you may find in Columbus OH include:
- Education – This field includes teachers, assistant teachers, substitute teachers, principals, vice principals, guidance counselors, athletics, custodians, maintenance, administrative, and more.
- Hospitality – You may want to work in a hotel or motel, a bed and breakfast, or a campground.
- Healthcare – This field is ever growing with high demand on any position that you choose. From human resources to Registered Nurse, jobs are available consistently.
- Food Service – Whether it is fast food, or serving children at lunch time, the food service industry is always in demand.
- Communications – Work for your local television and radio stations
Next, you will want to find a position that works best for your schedule or your family’s schedule. There are many positions out there offering full and part time positions as well as temporary positions to cover job positions that need filled for a short period of time until someone can come back.
You will also need to determine what shift/hours work best for you. The choice is normally day shift, evening shift, night shift, and split shift.
How Much do you Need to Get Paid?
Pay is important, in fact its sometimes the reason for working in the first place. When an employer is considering pay for a position that is open, they must consider the following:
- Will the individual be required to hold a degree or certificate of any kind?
- Will the individual be required to attend training once they are hired?
Finding the Right Job in Columbus OH
There are several outlets to use when searching for a job. You may want to try online job listings with Indeed.com or Glassdoor.com. You may want to use the local newspapers, do a Google search for jobs in the Columbus OH area, or visit individual websites. Social media outlets have also become a popular place to search for a job.
Searching for a new job can be difficult and time consuming. That’s why it’s important to focus on positive things that you can bring to a new position, such as training, education, and skills that you have learned while working in other jobs.