Stretching across 850 square miles, surrounded by beaches, a sprawling metropolis, and residential suburbia, Jacksonville (Jax) is the largest city in Florida and the largest city by size in the U.S. Job candidates have a plenty of options across several industries. The city is home to fortune 500 companies, healthcare institutions, mass construction projects and tourist destinations. Keep reading…
New Jacksonville FL Part Time Jobs
Other Jacksonville FL Jobs
- City of Jacksonville Jobs
- Jacksonville FL Jobs
- Mayo Clinic Jacksonville Jobs
- Staffing Agency Jobs Jacksonville FL
- Work From Home Jobs Jacksonville FL
About Jacksonville FL Part Time Jobs
Healthcare, Finance & Insurance, and Hospitality make up about 30% of total jobs in the city. All of these offer part time opportunities at competitive wages. Overall data shows that Jacksonville rates above average for quality life stemming from a low cost of living paired with higher than average compensation. With all the different activities and different things to do, you’ll find that Jax is
Plenty of Opportunity
Home to over 80 corporate headquarters, here’s a list of just a few companies with an HQ in the city of Jacksonville:
- Fidelity Investments
- South Easter Grocers
- Interline Brand Headquarters
- Baptist Health
- Florida National Bank
- Home Depot
Part time jobs can range from tech centric to service industry and freelance positions. Payroll data shows that the living wage for Jacksonville is about $12/hour. With most part-time positions paying above this rate, quality of life even on a part time salary is much higher.
Other companies with offices in Jacksonville are Walmart, FedEx, Deloitte, CVS Health and so many more. This provides opportunities for plenty of part time/freelance professional jobs as well with the flexibility you need.
Wages & Cost of Living
Data shows that Jacksonville is among the top cities with a free business environment with good rankings in healthcare and environment quality. Higher than average salary paired with lower than average cost of living represents an overall higher quality of life in Jax.
Things to do in Jax
- Jacksonville Jaguars with a stadium that has premium bars, swimming pools on the top deck, and loyal fans.
- Jazz festival and the famous Art Walk.
- Jax Beaches makeup more than 80,000 acres with 337 locations.
- Jacksonville hosted the Super Bowl XXXIX in 2005.
- Jacksonville is home to the country’s biggest urban park system with 111,669 acres of parks.
- Jacksonville is home to the oldest skate park in the United States, Arlington’s Kona Skatepark. Tony Hawk competed at the Kona Skatepark.
With a young population and growing job market, Jacksonville is a prime location to check out. Part time jobs are available, and they range to wide skillset to find the right position for you. Jacksonville has the best of both worlds with great jobs and an affordable cost of living. Live anyway you want, whether it’s on the beach, in city or by the bay.