Part Time Jobs Near Me
Part time jobs can offer a valuable income and work experience for young people, college students, and others who are looking to earn some extra money. Some of the most common part time jobs include customer service positions, retail work, receptionist roles, freelance writing or editing gigs, and employment in the food service industry.
Part Time Jobs Near Me
Below are some of the newest part time job listings in your area. Enter a different search term in the box below or enter a specific city for more refined results. For more results click the ‘Next’ button at the bottom.
Types of Part Time Jobs
At the top of the list is likely to be jobs at major retailers like Walmart or UPS, both of whom offer flexible scheduling options to fit around other commitments. For those looking for work that can be done on weekends only, opportunities in food service or hospitality may be a good fit, as these tend to have more availability during the evenings and weekends.
For those who prefer to work remotely, there are a number of online and telecommuting part-time jobs available. Amazon, for example, offers a variety of customer service and data entry positions that can be done from home. Target also has a number of positions available, including jobs in customer service and human resources. Regardless of your interests or experience level, there is likely a part time job out there that will be a good fit for you.
Remote Part Time Jobs
A remote part time job can involve a wide variety of different duties, depending on the needs and preferences of the employer.
Some tasks may include:
- Managing email accounts and responding to customer inquiries
- Scheduling meetings and appointments
- Facilitating video chats with clients or colleagues
- Researching new trends and tools related to your particular field
- Providing support and guidance to other team members
Regardless of the specific tasks involved, a successful remote part timer will be organized, detail-oriented, proactive, tech-savvy, flexible, communicative, and able to work independently while also collaborating effectively with others.
Amazon Part Time Jobs
A position as an Amazon part-time employee can be a great opportunity to gain valuable experience in the world of e-commerce. In this role, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks related to customer service and order fulfillment.
Some common duties may include answering customer inquiries via phone or email, scanning and processing orders, using point-of-sale terminals to process transactions, managing inventory, and assisting with any other tasks that arise as needed. A successful candidate will need strong communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Work from Home Part Time Jobs
There are many different types of part-time work that can be done from home.
- One option is to take online surveys or participate in focus groups, which typically pay a small amount per survey completed.
- Another option is to work as a virtual assistant or data entry specialist, performing various administrative or clerical tasks for clients remotely.
- For those with more specialized skills, such as graphic design or web development, working on part-time project-based contracts can also be an excellent way to earn some extra income while working from home.
Online Part Time Jobs
There are many different online part time jobs available these days, each with its own benefits and drawbacks.
Some of the most popular options include:
- Freelance writing and web development
- Data entry and transcription
- Customer support and survey taking
While each of these jobs can be a good way to earn extra income on the side, it is important to consider your individual skills, interests, and available time before deciding which option is right for you. That said, whatever route you choose, there are certain characteristics that all successful part-time online workers should have, such as a solid understanding of key technologies and tools as well as excellent communication skills.
Target Part Time Jobs
As a part-time employee at Target, your main responsibility is to help customers find the products they need and answer any questions they may have about our merchandise. This often involves assisting customers who are browsing our aisles or guiding them to certain sections of the store based on their individual shopping needs.
Additionally, you’ll be responsible for maintaining a clean and organized workspace in order to ensure that items are clearly displayed and easy to find. Whether it’s restocking shelves, sweeping the floors, or organizing the back room, the goal is always to provide the best possible customer service so that shoppers can get in and out of the store quickly and easily.
Walmart Part Time Jobs
Walmart store part time job duties include a variety of tasks:
- Sales Associates are responsible for greeting customers, answering questions, and helping to locate items. They also process transactions and handle returns.
- Cashiers are responsible for operating the cash registers and providing customer service. They may also help with stocking shelves and bagging merchandise. They may also perform minor repairs and maintenance tasks.
- All associates are expected to provide excellent customer service and maintain a neat, clean, and organized work area. Finally, they are responsible for keeping the store clean and organized. This may involve sweeping floors or straightening up shelves.
By performing these duties, part-time employees play an important role in ensuring that Walmart stores run smoothly and efficiently.
UPS Part Time Jobs
As a part-time employee at UPS, your primary duties will include loading and unloading packages from vehicles and delivering shipments to various businesses and homes in the local area. You must be precise when driving and maneuvering large trucks so as not to damage property or injure anyone.
In addition to these hands-on responsibilities, employees are also responsible for accurately tracking shipments using the company’s advanced tracking system, as well as communicating updates on deliveries to customers over the phone. To succeed in this position, you must be able to work well independently as well as stay organized and focused amidst multiple tasks.
Part Time Jobs with No Experience
Even if you don’t have much experience, there are still plenty of part-time jobs that can be a great fit for you.
Here are a few examples:
- One option is to work as a barista or server in a coffee shop. No experience is necessary for these positions, and you can usually get started with just a few hours of training.
- Another option is to work as a cashier in a retail setting. This job also doesn’t require any prior experience, and you can learn the ropes quickly on the job.
- If you’re looking for something a bit more physical, you could consider becoming a dog walker or pet sitter. This job requires little experience or training, but it’s important to be comfortable around animals.
- Finally, if you have strong writing skills, you could consider working as a freelance writer or editor. These jobs often don’t require any specific experience, although it’s helpful to have samples of your work to show potential clients.
No matter what your skills and interests are, there’s likely to be a part-time job out there that’s perfect for you – even if you don’t have much experience.
Flexible Part Time Jobs
When it comes to part-time jobs, flexibility is often one of the most important factors for workers. Fortunately, there are many part-time jobs out there that have flexible schedules, allowing you to work whenever and wherever suits your needs best.
One popular option is working as a freelancer or contractor in your field of expertise. Whether you are a writer, graphic designer, or web developer, there is sure to be plenty of demand for your services online.
Another option is working as an independent contractor for local businesses or service providers in your area. This could include tasks such as driving for ride-sharing companies like Uber and Lyft or delivering food for local restaurants and cafes.
Weekend Part Time Jobs
If you’re looking for a part-time job that will fit around your weekend plans, there are plenty of options to choose from:
- Retail jobs are a popular choice for weekend work, as many stores are open seven days a week. Many restaurants are open on weekends, and they often need extra help during peak hours.
- Hospitality roles such as bar work and waitstaff positions are also often available during weekends.
- Mowing lawns, trimming hedges, and performing other lawn care duties is another popular weekend job.
- If you don’t mind getting your hands dirty, cleaning houses or doing laundry for others can be a great way to make some extra money on the weekends.
- If you’re looking for something a little different, there are opportunities to work in events or as a sports instructor.
And with many businesses now offering flexible working patterns, it’s easier than ever to find weekend work that fits around your lifestyle.
Part Time Job FAQ’s
- What is a part time job?
- How many hours is part time?
- How much does a part time job pay?
- What is considered part time in California?
- How many hours is part time in NY?
- How much does Starbucks pay part time?
- How much does Hobby Lobby pay part time?
- How much does McDonald’s pay part time?
What is a Part Time Job?
Part-time jobs are typically defined as jobs that are worked for fewer hours than full-time jobs. They can be found in a variety of industries and settings, from retail stores to office buildings. While the hours and duties of part-time jobs vary, they typically involve less responsibility than full-time positions.
“Part-time jobs are typically defined as jobs that are worked for fewer hours than full-time jobs”
Part-time jobs are often held by students, stay-at-home parents, and retirees. Many people choose to take on a part-time job to top up their income, gain work experience or simply to have something to do outside of their usual routine. Others may take on a part-time job because they are not able or do not wish to commit to full-time employment.
How Many Hours is Part Time?
While there is no definitive answer, most experts agree that part-time employment typically involves working fewer than 30 hours per week. However, some companies may consider a position to be part time if it is less than 35 or 40 hours per week. In addition, some salaried positions may be considered part time if the employee is only expected to work a certain number of days per week.
“…most experts agree that part-time employment typically involves working fewer than 30 hours per week.”
In general, part-time employees work fewer hours than full-time employees and may not be eligible for benefits such as health insurance and paid vacation time. Some companies also offer reduced hours or flex time as an option for employees who are seeking a balance between work and personal commitments.
How Much Does a Part Time Job Pay?
When it comes to finding a part-time job, one of the most important considerations is how much you’ll be paid. Of course, there is no single answer to this question, as the amount you make will depend on a variety of factors, including your particular job duties and qualifications, your location, and the average rates of pay in your industry.
That being said, in general you can expect to earn anywhere from $10 to $20 per hour for a typical part-time job. Some positions may pay more or less than this range depending on factors such as your level of experience or demand in the local labor market. Ultimately, if you are looking for part-time work, it’s important to do your research so that you can find a position that offers good pay and benefits without too much competition for open jobs. By doing so, you can rest assured that you’ll be able to earn enough money to meet your financial needs while still having plenty of time left over for other pursuits.
What is Considered Part Time in California?
In California, the definition of “part-time” can vary depending on the context. For example, in the state’s workers’ compensation system, a part-time worker is someone who works fewer than 20 hours per week. In the unemployment insurance system, a part-time worker is someone who works fewer than 32 hours per week. And in the statewide Paid Family Leave program, a part-time worker is defined as someone who works fewer than 40 hours per week.
“…people in California would consider a part-time worker to be somebody who works fewer than 35 hours per week.”
However, in general, most people in California would consider a part-time worker to be somebody who works fewer than 35 hours per week. If you’re working less than that, chances are you’re considered part-time.
How Many Hours is Part Time in NY?
Part-time work is typically considered to be any job that requires less than 35 hours of work per week. However, the definition of part-time work can vary depending on the industry and the state in which the job is located. In New York, for example, part-time work is defined as any job that requires less than 30 hours of work per week.
This definition applies to both private sector and public sector jobs. For instance, jobs in the agriculture and construction industries are typically exempt from the 30-hour rule. As a result, part-time workers in these industries may work more than 30 hours per week without being classified as full-time employees.
How Much Does Starbucks Pay Part Time?
However, wages can vary depending on location and experience. In some states, such as California and New York, Starbucks is required to pay its employees a higher minimum wage. In addition, experienced baristas may be eligible for raises and tips. Nonetheless, the company remains one of the largest employers of part-time workers in the United States. According to Forbes, Starbucks employs over 150,000 part-time workers across its nearly 30,000 locations worldwide.
How Much Does Hobby Lobby Pay Part Time?
If you are wondering how much Hobby Lobby pays part-time employees, there is no straightforward answer. The pay rate varies depending on a number of factors, including store location and employee experience. Some stores may offer wages of just $8 per hour, while others may pay as much as $15 per hour or more. In general, it seems that pay rates tend to be higher in larger and more affluent areas, and they are generally lower in less populated regions.
Additionally, factors such as an employee’s level of experience and the number of hours he or she works per week can also affect the amount earned. That said, the company generally offers above-average wages to part-time employees and provides a comprehensive set of benefits, including paid time off, medical insurance, dental coverage, life insurance, and 401k matching.
How Much Does McDonald’s Pay Part Time?
McDonald’s is one of the most ubiquitous fast food chains in the world, with thousands of locations across the globe. As such, it is a popular employer for part-time workers looking for flexible hours and a steady paycheck. While exact figures can vary depending on location and position, the average hourly wage for a part-time worker at McDonald’s tends to be around $8-$10/hour.
Many entry-level positions also offer benefits like health insurance and paid time off, making McDonald’s an attractive option for those looking for work. Additionally, many employees are eligible to earn additional raises based on performance and seniority, further boosting their earnings potential over time.