A job in education can mean big opportunity for you and the students you teach or supervise. An opportunity to make a difference in a child is priceless. Finding a good place to work is important. You spend a lot of time there and you want to go to work with a smile on your face. San Diego Unified school district may be your ideal future place of employment. Keep reading…
New San Diego Unified School District Jobs
About San Diego Unified School District Jobs
The school system provides numerous positions based on the need of the students as well as the need of the faculty. It’s important that positions are not left vacant too long in order to keep everything working as it should. A shortage of educational professionals can be difficult on the rest of the staff at times.
There are several different positions available within the school district which include the following:
- Assistant General Counsel II – This position requires that you represent the school district to the best of your ability by working professionally around different age groups within the school system. Pay: $154,358.52 – $196,649.88 per year
- Deaf Adult Services Interpreter – Must be able to communicate between the faculty and staff and the parents of the students as well as adult education services offered. Pay: $34.34 – $42.78 per hour
- Food Service Worker – Must be able to prepare and serve food in the cafeteria. You must also be able to follow cleaning procedures to disinfect and maintain the safety and cleanliness of the kitchen. Pay: $13.00 per hour
- Landscape Technician – Must be able to keep up the grounds of the school by mowing, weed eating, planting, and removing plants in order to maintain the overall landscape of the premises. Pay: $16.41 per hour
- School Bus Driver- Be in control of and take responsibility for each child that steps onto the bus to provide safe transport to and from school. Pay: $21.99 – $26.73 hour
As you can see, there are a wide range of positions available within the school system.
Before you apply for a position, first update your resume to ensure that you have all your information current as you enter it onto the website application. Once your resume is current, log into the San Diego Unified School District website and click on the job tab. Once there, you can scroll down through the listing of available jobs, click on jobs to determine what is required and read more about it, and apply to any jobs you are interested in.
When it comes to working in the school system, you will find that it’s dependable work that you can rewarded in. If you already have a degree or certification in a particular field, now would be a great time to put it to use.