Jobs in Jacksonville FL
Known as the largest city in the Sunshine State, Jacksonville (JAX) is known as a city with over 850 square miles of coastal beaches, a sprawling metropolis and surrounding suburbs. The city is home to Fortune 500 companies, healthcare institutions and breakthrough startups. All of these give job searching candidates a variety of job options scattered across several industries. Keep reading…
New Jacksonville FL Jobs
Jacksonville FL Job Categories
About Jacksonville FL Jobs
The top industries in Jacksonville include Healthcare, Finance & Insurance, and Hospitality making up about 140,000, roughly 30% of total jobs. With competitive compensation and affordable housing, Jacksonville is a great city to call home.
Jacksonville is home to over 80 corporate headquarters along with innovative startups. Available roles include analysts, inventory managers, software developers and many more across fields like cybersecurity, health, finance and logistics.
Companies with a headquarters in Jax:
- FIS, a global leader in financial services technology
- Fidelity National Financial, a fortune 500 company known for the largest provider of commercial and residential mortgage and diversified services.
- Baptist Health, a top healthcare provider with hospitals across the country
- Crowley Holdings, a holding company with subsidiaries that provide diversified marine transportation and logistics services.
Other companies with offices in Jacksonville are Walmart, FedEx, Deloitte, CVS Health and so many more. Job opportunities are plentiful in Jax, attracting newly grads and experienced talent alike.
Wages & Cost of Living
The average salary in Jacksonville is $61k which is 5 percent higher than the national average, making Jacksonville a competitive location with favorable tax treatment. As for cost of living, the median home cost is $180,300 which is about 1/3 of the median across the state of Florida, and median rent is about $950 making Jax one of the more affordable cities in the state.
Higher than average salary paired with lower than average cost of living represents an overall higher quality of life in Jax. In fact, data shows that Jacksonville is among the top cities with a free business environment with good rankings in healthcare and environment quality.
- Jacksonville was named for General Andrew Jackson, the first military governor of Florida who, incidentally, never visited Jacksonville
- The St. Johns River is one of just a few rivers in North America that flows north instead of south.
- Jacksonville hosted the Super Bowl XXXIX in 2005.
- Jacksonville is home to the country’s biggest urban park system with 111,669 acres of parks.
- Jacksonville is home to the oldest skate park in the United States, Arlington’s Kona Skatepark. Tony Hawk competed at the Kona Skatepark.
The sunshine state is best known for its weather and favorable tax rates. While there are many cities to choose from, Jacksonville has the best of both worlds with great jobs and an affordable cost of living. As the biggest city in the U.S., you can choose any lifestyle you want in this great city – from beachside to countryside to city living.